Job Title: Head of Fundraising
Charity: The Way
Contract: Full time (4o hrs), permanent
Salary Range: Up to £50k
A truly exciting post, working alongside the Chief Executive and key members of the Trustee Board, to deliver circa £1.2 million of philanthropy for Wolverhampton Youth Zone, The Way. This is a senior leadership role, where you will steward and renew Patrons & Supporters who have made major gifts and work with our Trusts and Grants Manager to generate large trust gifts. This role will lead on the strategic development and implementation of new, diverse income streams (notably a mid-level giving programme, and events & community fundraising).
This includes the following responsibilities:
- To generate income to target by:
- driving a programme of high impact, donor-centric stewardship of existing donors (HNWIs and corporate partners), involving the Chief Executive and Trustee Board as appropriate, in order to maximise retention and, where possible, increase levels of support over time;
- developing new, sustainable major donor relationships, both through cold prospecting and working closely with the Trustee Board, the Chief Executive and existing supporters, to identify other prospects within their networks;
- overseeing the Trusts & Grants Manager (FT), to deliver high quality bids that support the universal offer to young people (core income);
- diversifying income generation activities to include events and community fundraising, at the appropriate stage, whilst not losing sight of major giving – the key driver of income generation.
- Produce high-quality, written proposals and make verbal presentations / face-to-face asks to a range of audiences.
- Manage the production of fundraising, communications and promotional materials for relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure The Way’s brand awareness among potential supporters is strong.
- Within 6 months, to lead the development and implementation of the Youth Zone’s three-year fundraising strategy, in collaboration with the Chief Executive.
- Ensure adherence to relevant charity legislation and the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice.
Person Specification to include:
- Proven and substantial experience in generating six-figure plus income from major donors (corporate and/or high net worth individuals) with an impressive track record in securing significant funds and meeting challenging financial targets, including both new business and account management.
- Experience of managing a pipeline of potential supporters / donors and aligning their interests with a charity’s needs, in order to maximise the gift level
- Understanding of issues effecting young people and disadvantaged communities.
- Ambitious, results-driven, strategic & creative and a team player.