Job Title: Director of Fundraising
Sector: Riding for the Disabled Association
Salary Range: Circa £60K
Reporting to: Chief Executive
My client, Riding for the Disabled Association is a charity that provides disabled people with opportunities to get meaningful therapy, to achieve the ambitions and to have fun, through working and interacting with horses. The charity is looking to appoint a Director of Fundraising who will manage the fundraising team and be responsible for the development and achievement of agreed income targets across all income streams. The successful post-holder will have solid experience in high net-worth fundraising through individuals and corporates. They will also be confident at developing a fundraising strategy that delivers significant growth over the next five years.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- To work with the fundraising team to develop the existing funding relationships (particularly major individual donors including the local community, Trust and Foundation funders, and corporate partners) and utilising the opportunities provided by the Association’s 50th anniversary and completion of the National Training Centre (Lowlands Farm) capital appeal to maximise and secure these income streams for the future.
- To propose an investment model for developing income from individuals and to work with key stakeholders around the organisation to implement an individual giving programme.
- To lead and develop the fundraising team.
Person specification to include:
- Significant fundraising experience in a senior management role.
- Demonstrable track record of personally delivering significant levels of income and achieving targets in either corporate or major donor fundraising, plus at least one other fundraising discipline.
- Experience of developing and implementing a successful fundraising strategy and business plan.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a team of paid fundraising staff.
- Experience in delivering or developing a large scale individual giving programme, or developing the strategy for individual giving and overseeing its implementation.
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the Charity’s vision, mission and strategy
Application deadline 7th November
PSR initial interviews: 8th and 9th November
Client interivews: TBC