Job Title: Fundraising and Administration Executive
Salary Range: Circa £25,000
Charity: The Horse Trust
Deadline for applications: 23rd Jan 2019
The Horse Trust, the oldest horse charity in the world, was established in 1886 to help the plight of the working horses of London. Set amongst the rolling Chiltern Hills, The Horse Trust provides a sanctuary for the retirement and respite of modern-day working horses from the Police, Military, Royal Mews and other charities such as Riding for the Disabled and Horse Rangers as well as caring for equines rescued locally from abuse or neglect and in need of urgent care. In addition to providing a retirement sanctuary for 140 animals, The Horse Trust Charity is committed to promoting equine health and welfare through training professionals and funding ethical scientific research to reduce disease and suffering for the UK equine population. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Fundraising and Adminstration Executive to join this much loved charity.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- To identify and develop new fundraising events and manage all fundraising events from planning stages through to and including the event days.
- To be involved with generating fundraising materials, including newsletters, fundraising leaflets, sponsorship materials and letters to donors.
- Provide excellent donor stewardship, including management of the sponsorship programme, e-news/newsletter and overall donor journey.
- Carry out prospect research and manage a small portfolio of individuals.
- Maintain and monitor the charity’s website and social media pages ensuring content is relevant, up to date and co-ordinated across all platforms
Person specification to include:
- Demonstrable experience in event management and fundraising.
- Solid understanding of social media marketing and being able to use a website to maximise fundraising potential.
- Previous experience of monitoring and updating websites.
- Proven ability to write copy for online channels.
- Understanding of grants and trusts and able to write applications.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multi-task.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Motivated, reliable and professional.
- Passionate and inspired by the work of The Horse Trust.
Application deadline: 23rd Jan
PSR interviews: 28th and 29th Jan
Client interviews TBC