I am delighted to be working with Winston’s Wish – the UK’s first childhood bereavement charity who have been supporting bereaved children since 1992. As the first charity to establish child bereavement support services in the UK, they continue to lead the way in providing specialist child bereavement support services across the UK, including in-depth therapeutic help in individual, group and residential settings. Winston’s Wish is now looking to recruit a dynamic, pro active regional fundraiser to join their team based in Horsham.
Key responsibilities to include:
- To work proactively within East and West Sussex and Brighton and Hove to increase the volume of community fundraising activities in aid of Winston’s Wish.
- To support volunteer community fundraisers in their efforts to raise funds for Winston’s Wish.
- Work with the Regional Fundraising Team to devise, plan and manage Winston’s Wish led events.
- Network within the region to raise awareness of Winston’s Wish and increase levels of income and support.
- Liaise with community fundraising volunteers to assist them in planning and organising their events in aid of Winston’s Wish.
- Co-ordinate and manage event day activities with challenge/event organisers, participants and volunteers.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Communications team and the Head of Regional Fundraising and Events to market and develop national fundraising campaigns.
- Present the work of Winston’s Wish to audiences within schools, local clubs and associations and other interest groups.
Person specification to include:
- Proven successful experience in event organisation and supporter care.
- Excellent relationship management experience and a record of accomplishment of recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Experience of overseeing fundraising activity, including the development and support of volunteers.
- A track record of exceeding financial and non-financial targets
- A creative thinker and quick to respond to opportunities.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to be passionate and inspiring when communicating about the work of Winston’s Wish.
- Full driving licence, own car.
Deadline for applications: 26th July 2017