Job Title: Community Engagement Fundraising Officer
Charity: Jessie May
Salary: £24k – £29k
Contract: Full time (35 hrs)
Closing Date: 31st August
Jessie May was established in 1996 as a children’s hospice at home service throughout the South West with a focus on Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset.
The purpose of this post is to coordinate and develop all of Jessie May community and event fundraising activity. This will include developing and managing a network of committed supporters, developing fundraising support materials for use by supporters and volunteers and overseeing challenge and other events including developing a portfolio of Jessie May organised events.
Tasks and responsibilities
Strategy & budget management
- Develop and deliver a model of community and event engagement which is effective and sustainable.Prepare project plans for each area of responsibility.
- To achieve income targets through community and event activity.
- To develop, implement and monitor a programme of appealing and creative fundraising activities and tools to engage supporters to fundraise on behalf of Jessie May.
- To develop and implement an events calendar of activity to include UK and overseas activities, Jessie May organised events, own place events and purchased places. Being accountable for compliance including Health and Safety, delivery of all aspects of the event on the day and post event.
- Manage and grow the fundraising pipeline to support Jessie May’s work, working with colleagues to grow networks.
- Ensure outstanding supporter management and record keeping for supporters, as well as developing pipelines and forecasting.
- Manage the development and delivery of a strong supporter journey for volunteers and community and events supporters, ensuring Jessie May supporters have the best experience of interacting with the charity.
Communication & advocacy
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Fundraising Team in the production of fundraising literature, reports (including an annual Impact Report), case studies and internal communications.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Officer to grow fundraising engagement into the Marketing & communications Plan.
- Ensure that necessary information for fundraising is suitably presented on promotional materials including the website as required.
- Represent Jessie May as an Ambassador internally & externally.
- Support fundraising and promotional events led by other teams, as requested.
Person specification to include:
Deadline for applications: 31st August