Job Title: Membership and Communications Officer
Salary Range: £23,164 – £25,298
Charity : EAUC
Location: Cheltenham, Glos
My client, EAUC is a not-for-profit, member based charity, run by members for members. Representing over 2 million students and nearly 400,000 staff with a spending budget of over £25 billion. The charity supports leaders, academics and other professionals to drive sustainability to the heart of their post-16 education institutions in the UK and internationally. They are looking to recruit a Member and Communications Officer to join their dynamic and effective team.
Key responsibilities to include
- To be the key contact for members – Looking after existing members, resolving issues and improving members’ perception of the organisation.
- Develop and implement the member relationship management. This would include recruitment and retention of members, member satisfaction and engagement and exit strategies.
- Manage the development, production and evaluation of member products and services, such as newsletters, website and segmentation of membership services.
- Delivery of all communication content to a consistently high standard and to short deadlines including social media, website content management systems, email marketing (Mailchimp), online marketing, direct marketing, PR, newsletters, surveys and research and event marketing.
- Managing and delivery of keeping our websites up to date
- Managing our social media channels
- Creation of artwork and branding for all communications
Person specification to include
- Knowledge of membership management and/or communications with proven success of project managing from conception through to completion.
- Extensive communication and marketing skills including social media, website content management systems, email marketing (preferably Mailchimp), online marketing, direct marketing, PR, surveys and research and event marketing.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop (intermediate to advanced ability) and other marketing tools such as Canva.
- Sound knowledge of database management and customer relationship management with strong attention to detail, with high accuracy and quality of output.
- Excellent customer service experience, with the ability to discern customer needs and wants, and to respond accordingly to both internal and external customers
Excellent benefits including generous holidays and 12.5% employer pension contribution