Role: Director of Fundraising and Marketing
Reporting into: Chief Executive
Hours of work: full time, permanent
The National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS), is the only patient-led organisation in the UK specialising in rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis. NRAS provides truly expert and wide-ranging services to support, educate and campaign for people living with these complex autoimmune conditions, their families and the health professionals who treat them. NRAS is a national charity with an outstanding reputation. The charity was founded in 2001 and has grown considerably over the past 18 years, now employing 26 full or part-time staff at its Maidenhead office and with a network of Ambassadors, Patient Support Groups and Peer-support Volunteers across the UK.
NRAS is now looking for a Director of Fundraising & Marketing to provide strategic leadership across Fundraising, Membership and Marketing ensuring continuing growth and sustainability with the charity’s income. As part of this growth the Director of Fundraising and Marketing will also be responsible for driving a significant increase in our membership base and for raising the charity’s public profile to engage a much wider and more diverse audiences of beneficiaries and supporters.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- To work as part of the Senior Management Team to develop and deliver sustainable fundraising, membership and brand awareness growth in line with the charity’s strategic objectives over the next 3-5 years.
- To lead the fundraising team and sustain and grow annual income to at least £1.7 – £2million over the next 5 years.
- To identify and develop relationships with new high net worth individuals, creating and implementing a Major Donor giving strategy.
- To oversee the day to day work of the Marketing team and support with the development of a new marketing strategy.
- Set and implement the fundraising, marketing and membership strategies and hold overall responsibility for all income streams to ensure targets are reached and KPI expectations are met
- To lead, on strategic projects across Fundraising to drive forward sustainable growth in income, with a focus on developing regular giving income streams
- Provide strong leadership and management of direct report employees within fundraising, marketing and membership ensuring each employee is supported, provided with the resources to succeed in their role and are able to manage their workload and their line reports effectively
Person specification to include:
- Demonstrable fundraising leadership experience and performance achievements across multiple areas of fundraising
- Demonstrable marketing success with awareness raising or charitable campaigns
- Experience working with high net worth individuals
- Experience managing, leading and motivating teams
- Development, implementation and management of budgets
- Fundraising strategy and planning
- Understanding and implementation of fundraising techniques and processes
- Experience with multiple social media communication tools
- Experience using digital analytics