Job Title: Head of Fundraising and Operations
Salary Range: £38,000 pro rata
Hours: 3 days a week
My client, Cardiomyopathy UK is seeking a Head of Finance and Operations. The successful candidate will provide leadership to the finance and operations team to ensure that the charity’s finance, office, HR and IT functions reflect best practice, comply with relevant legislation and help the charity to meet its objectives. The role is part time (three days a week).
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Prepare budgets for the charity
- Prepare monthly financial reports/management accounts for trustees and senior staff
- Work with the Chief Executive, Treasurer and auditors to draft annual trustees’ report and financial statements.
- Advise on and oversee HR processes including recruitment, performance reviews, salary changes, holiday and sickness management.
- To ensure that the office environment is safe, secure and compliant with health and safety legislation
- To manage the Office Assistant and Database Officer and support them in their role
- Take responsibility for the charity’s IT infrastructure ensuring that it meets the needs of the organisation.
- Ensure that at digital information is secure, backed-up and stored in line with best practice and relevant legislation
Person specification to include:
- Significant experience of accounts management at a senior level within a mediums sized organisation including budget preparation and management of year end accounts/audit.
- Considerable experience of managing and developing a team.
- Managing HR processes and procedures
- Demonstrates self-motivation and organisational skills
- Flexible approach to work