Job Title: Information and Educational Events Manager
Salary Range: £32,000
Hours: Full time
My client, Cardiomyopathy UK is a charity who supports everyone affected by the heart muscle disease cardiomyopathy enabling them lead long and fulfilling lives. They work towards this goal by providing information, advice and support to anyone affected by cardiomyopathy and by raising awareness of the condition. They also work to improve the diagnosis and management of cardiomyopathy and promote medical research.
The charity are looking to recruit an Information and Educational Events Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will ensure the charity provides accurate and relevant information about cardiomyopathy to the public, people affected by the condition and healthcare professionals. They will also design, organise and deliver a programme of educational events and conferences for people affected by cardiomyopathy and the health care professionals that support them.
Key areas of responsbility include:
- To plan and manage the development, review, writing, updating, production and disseminating of all of the charity’s information resources, from inception to delivery.
- To develop new information resources according to need.
- To ensure that all information resources are accurate, clear, accessible and relevant, and to secure specialist approval prior to publication.
- To produce all information materials in print and on the charity’s website as standard.
- To work with the Head of Services to plan an annual programme of events including regional information days and national conference.
- To work with the Chief executive and Head of Services to develop an annual programme of events for healthcare professional audiences. This may include regional education seminars, round-table events and national clinical conferences.
Person specifcation to include:
- Previous relevant experience in a public awareness/education role.
- prevous relevant expreince in healthcare professional deudcation.
- Excellent written and verbal communcaitons skills with an eye for detal and the ability to write/edit copy.
- Ability to recognise opportunities to raise the profile of the charity.
- Ability to articulate the charity’s strategy and activity to a broad audience.
Deadline for applications 7th May 2018
PSR interivews tbc
Client interivews tbc