Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Charity: Climate Outreach
Salary: Circa £36,000
Hours: 35 hours a week, permanent role
Climate Outreach are an Oxford-based charity and not-for-profit company, and one of Europe’s leading specialists in engaging the public with climate change. Their aim is to create a society where climate change is understood, accepted and acted upon. They have over 15 years of experience widening and broadening public engagement with climate change, and their reputation is built on careful and consistent use of academic research in their projects and publications.
The charity are now looking to recruit a Fundraising Manger who will identify trusts, foundations and major donor prospects and create, develop and progress tailored relationship plans. To initiate, develop and build relationships with individuals and trusts in order to raise maximum funds for Climate Outreach.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the directors and assist them in creating and improving the organisation’s strategic approach to fundraising.
- To lead the development and implementation of a trust strategy focussed on the operational activities of the role to meet agreed targets.
- Work with programme staff and project managers to bring together the required information from across the organisation to create compelling funding proposals.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key high worth donors either directly or with staff gatekeepers
- Plan for individual fundraising appeals and support manage their delivery through external agencies or staff as appropriate
Person specification to include:
- Experience of successfully applying for funds from grant giving trusts and foundations.
- Knowledge of individual giving methodologies and practice.
- Outstanding writing skills with experience creating compelling text for funding bids.
- An aptitude for developing and applying effective fundraising strategies.
Deadline for applications: 20th Jan