Job Title: Head of Fundraising and Communications
Type: Farms for City Children
Type: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 18th Jan 2019
Head Office (Exeter, Devon) with significant national travel. Some remote working may be considered for exceptional candidates located in South West England, or South East Wales
Farms for City Children provides subsidised opportunities for groups of primary school children and their teachers to spend a week living and working together at our farms in Devon, Pembrokeshire, and Gloucestershire. Each year we welcome over 3,000 disadvantaged children to experience the joy of a week-long residential visit a world away from their everyday lives.
The charity now wishes to appoint an experienced senior fundraiser who can:
- Develop and deliver a target-driven fundraising strategy that:
- diversifies income and secures significant, multi-year grants and donations.
- generates sustainable year-on-year increases to voluntary revenue funding, with the aim of doubling charitable income from £1m to £2m per annum over a 5-year period.
- extends the capital (tangible, infrastructure) funding stream to support the maintenance and development of our heritage listed properties.
- establishes a capital (intangible) funding campaign to generate major pledges to launch a sizeable endowment.
- Devise and lead on the implementation of an External Engagement (PR and Communications) strategy that:
- significantly increases public and key stakeholder awareness of the charity at the national level and across diverse audiences; and
- generates and builds enduring interest in our work and our brand; and
- delivers positive action-outcomes that directly benefit the charity.
- To lead, inspire, and line-manage the Fundraising and Communications team.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, take an active role in setting and delivering the leadership agenda for the Charity.
Our ideal candidate will offer:
- Significant experience of leading fundraising and communications at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience of delivering and growing significant fundraising income (£1m+) over multiple years from diverse sources.
- Experience of devising and managing income forecasts and expenditure budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of the charity sector and techniques for tax-effective giving.
- Outstanding networking, relationship management, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional written communication skills and experience of preparing complex, high-value bids and proposals to institutional donors.
- Experienced in developing and sustaining fundraising relationships with individuals and organisations.
- Sympathetic understanding of the challenges faced by children from disadvantaged backgrounds and strong identification with the values and objectives of the charity..
- All-round team leader who inspires positive, collaborative, and supportive relationships with diverse colleagues.
To receive a copy of the job description send a copy of your CV via this website.