Homeless Oxfordshire is the largest homeless accommodation provider across the county. Not only do we provide accommodation at our 56 bed hostel but we have 144 beds across the local community in 24 properties offering a full range of support.
Our mission is to provide short term accommodation with access to high quality support and initiatives that enable people to have a safe space, in which they can begin to take control of their own lives and recover from homelessness.
Through the provision of a wide range of different types of accommodation, people will learn how to manage a tenancy, have improved self-esteem, a more positive self-identity and gain the skills that will enable them to move on, live and succeed with greater independence.
Main Purpose of role
The purpose of this key position within the Homeless Oxfordshire fundraising team is to inspire others to engage with the charity in order to raise funds through partnerships with corporates, trusts and individuals. With the support of the fundraising team, the post holder will be championed to meet an income target of £120,000.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- To champion and role model kindness, compassion and understanding with all internal and external relationships.
- To develop a culture of support within the organisation.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising and Communications to contribute to the development and take ownership of the implementation of a fundraising strategy which focused on corporate partners, high value individuals.
- Develop a pipeline of corporate prospects.
- Manage relationships with key individual supporters.
- To agree, monitor and meet targets.
- Work with programme staff to create compelling and persuasive cases of support being mindful of the sensitive use of our beneficiaries’ experiences.
- Lead on the process of reporting back to funders and partners; working with internal programme staff to collate and produce high quality information for reports.
- Attend internal and external meetings, events and presentations as required.
- Ensure donors are promptly thanked and their gift is accurately recorded.
- To be aware of and operate within charity law, GDPR legislation and our policies and guidelines.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Proven experience of developing corporate fundraising partnerships
- Experience of managing relationships with major donors
- Experience of carrying out prospect research
- Experience of successfully pitching to organisations
- Experience of working with and presenting financial information
- Computer literate with the capability of using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working remotely
- Flexible and non-judgmental approach to people and work
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance
- Ability to build strong relationships within the team and with funders
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated with good time management skills
- Inspiring and engaging communications skills
- Confident and competent at approaching new business prospects on the telephone, face-to-face and in writing
- Confident networker
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to recognise what motivates a supporter to ensure they have a meaningful relationship with Homeless Oxfordshire
- An understanding of the sector, a commitment to the organisation and empathy with service users are also important. Charities need people who have the ability to cope with limited resources, seize opportunities and think creatively.
- The ability to handle numerical data may be required if the role involves budget management or fundraising, as well as political awareness and the ability to remain impartial, as many roles involve working in politically-sensitive areas.
- A full, clean driving license and use of a car, for the purposes of visiting organisations may be necessary.
- Report to the Head of Fundraising & Communications any safeguarding concerns without delay in line with procedures.
- Ensure IT systems are updated as required and concise record keeping is completed promptly.
- Strive for continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and feedback to the Head of Fundraising & Comms.
- Support user involvement and feedback
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this position.
- To ensure that Homeless Oxfordshire’s Equal Opportunities Policies are complied with and promoted in carrying out duties of the post.
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the post as required.
- Can you get amoxil over the counter
- How to buy symbicort
- Synthroid online purchase
- Can you buy ventolin over the counter australia
- Antabuse prices pharmacy uk
- Can you buy flagyl
- Buy propecia singapore
For further information about this role or details on how to apply please contact us using the form on this page.