Job Title: Head of Fundraising and Communications
Sector: The Nelson Trust
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
Type: Permanent, full time
Salary: circa £40,000
Closing Date: 30th September 2019
We are delighted to be working with The Nelson Trust to recruit a Head of Fundraising and Communications.
About The Nelson Trust: The charity’s mission is to ensure that people with alcohol and substance misuse problems are given the best possible opportunity for a healthy and fulfilling life by providing them with professional treatment, support and resettlement programmes.
The Nelson Trust has a national and international reputation as a centre of excellence in the treatment of addiction. Their belief in the capacity for individual change and sustainable recovery based on lifelong abstinence is an approach, which was once seen as radical but is today accepted as the most effective evidence-based treatment for people with entrenched and complex substance misuse problems. The Trust provide services for more than 1200 clients each year.
The Trust describes itself as dynamic, innovative, passionate and ambitious and they are looking for a Head of Fundraising and Communications who also has the same attributes.
Key responsibilities include:
- The core purpose of this role is to lead an effective and collaborative Fundraising and Communications department to accelerate the growth of fundraising across a diversified range of income streams to achieve long term, sustainable income growth, and to ensure that timescales and targets are maintained and achieved.
- The post holder will extend and enhance a major gifts fundraising programme and a regular giving programme.
- The post holder will also be responsible for and must have previous experience of working with and supporting volunteer committee(s) organising high profile events and developing relationships with major donors to achieve targets and build successful relationships with high net-worth individuals, utilising existing networks.
Person specification to include:
- A proven track record of successful fundraising in the charity sector
- Experience and understanding of networking
- Budget management with a strong track record of delivering income growth through fundraising
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Digital skills; adept at using technologies with awareness of their fundraising potential
- Ability to identify income generation opportunities
- Understanding of different sectors and partnership working
Application deadline: 30th September 2019