Job Title: Trust and Foundations Officer
Salary Range: £25K pro rata
Type: Permanent, 3 days a week
Location: Bristol or home based
Closing date: ASAP
We are delighted to be recruiting for this exciting position for Temwa. The charity’s goal is to harness the power of bringing communities together. Partnering with communities in Malawi, empowering local people to end poverty and transform their own futures. Temwa inspires local communities in the UK to help bring about this change. Temwa means ‘love, within a community’, in the language of Tumbuka.
The successful candidate will oversee trust and foundation fundraising, as well as supporting the Programme Quality Advisor and Business Development Manager with institutional fundraising, donor communications, internal and external communications. You will report directly to the Business Development Manager, as well as being accountable to the Programme Quality Advisor and Managing Director.
- Researching and maintaining a database of trusts and foundations in the UK and overseas to which Temwa could apply for funding
- Fostering long-term relationships with current donors for repeat funding
- Creating and submitting trust and foundation proposals for Temwa’s projects, growing the organisations trusts and foundation portfolio of support
- Identifying institutional funding opportunities for Temwa within the UK and EU
- Working to form strategic partnerships with relevant organisations and agencies
- Develop the organisations case for support and proposal templates for all projects
- Ongoing management of a portfolio of charitable trusts and grant making bodies
- Completing quarterly bulletin updates to all Temwa donors, using project case studies, quotes, photos and videos
- Supporting Programme Quality Advisor with timely reporting to all project donors.
- Liaise regularly with Malawi office on queries related to UK fundraising
- Present to the UK, Malawi Directors and UK trustees on fundraising progress, against devised targets
- Supporting UK office administration and office management
- Support, where necessary, the UK fundraising team with other fundraising opportunities and activities.
Experience, qualifications and requirements:
- The successful candidate must have experience of trust fundraising with proven track record of securing income against set targets
- Experience of developing and writing high quality trust proposals,
- Experience of researching trusts and foundations
- Experience of building good relationships with external funding bodies
- The successful candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate must be highly numerate with strong attention to detail
- Experience of institutional fundraising desirable