Job Title: Corporate Fundraising Officer
Charity: Child Brain Injury Trust
Salary Range: up to £28K
Type: Permanent, full time
Location: Bicester, Oxon
Closing date: 5th March 2020
We are delighted to be recruiting for this exciting position for Child Brain Injury Trust. Fundraising experience is not essential for this role, however a passion for the cause is a must.
This role would suit a candidate that has some experience in fundraising, account management, events or sales. The salary is £26,000 – £28,000 depending on experience.
Child Brain Injury Trust is looking for a Corporate Fundraising Ofﬁcer to be based at their Head Ofﬁce in Bicester (will consider home working for the right candidate), to work with existing corporate contacts in London, Birmingham and the South to generate unrestricted income, as well as look for opportunities to bring new supporters on board for the charity.
As one of the most visible members of the charity’s staff, you will be a brand ambassador and will need to be dynamic, outgoing and conﬁdent in your abilities to work with corporate contacts, often at a senior level, whilst conducting yourself with the utmost professionalism at all times. The role blends elements of event organisation (as you will be expected to facilitate events that supporters are holding, and guide them to completion), relationship management and development. Creative candidates from corporate backgrounds with experience in these areas would be welcomed.
Tasks and Responsibilities to include:
- To assist the Fundraising Manager and CEO in implementing the existing fundraising strategy by generating income to cover the core costs for the organisation.
- To work within the Fundraising team to ensure that targets (approx. £100k per annum) for unrestricted funding are achieved on time and in line with the organisation’s financial requirements.
- To work closely with the Brain Injury Team in order to develop relationships with families and professionals who access Child Brain Injury Trust services, and ensure these individuals are kept up to date with our work.
- To build unrestricted income chieﬂy from Corporate sources, but notwithstanding that, explore further opportunities with communities and individuals when they arise.
- To facilitate existing corporate fundraising groups in the South region and to be the conduit between them and the charity
- To seek out opportunities to create new corporate fundraising groups in areas where larger corporate networks make this viable.
- Ideally, you will have experience in working within a similar role but must have a demonstrable track record of meeting targets, nurturing relationships and experience of event management within a charity/sales/marketing environment.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to manage a number of partnerships whilst developing opportunities for us to engage with new corporate supporters.
- You will be a real self-starter with excellent communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines are a pre-requisite.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work with individuals from the charity’s corporate supporters at a senior level and be conﬁdent and capable in dealings with them.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working considered
- Wellness programs
- On-site parking