Job Title: Partnerships and Philanthropy Manager
Sector: RP Fighting Blindness
Salary Range: Up to £35K
Closing date: 18th October 2017
My client RP Fighting Blindness occupies a unique position in the fight against inherited sight loss. They are the only UK charity that specialises in funding cutting edge research into retinitis pigmentosa (RP) and related conditions and the only charity offering dedicated support and information to the thousands of people living with these conditions. The charity is now seeking an experienced fundraiser to develop relationships with major donors and corporate supporters, generating income from both existing and new contacts.
Main tasks include:
- With the Senior Fundraising Manager, develop and deliver a three year strategy for developing major donor and corporate fundraising in order to increase the number of funders, strategic partnerships and net income, ensuring that this is sustainable for the future by building a pipeline of potential donors.
- Deliver a programme of applications for corporate partnerships.
- Work with the Senior Fundraising Manager to develop and refine cases for support for both existing work and new development activity.
- Deliver events suitable for engaging with major donors and corporate supporters.
- Work with the Senior Fundraising Manager to set income and expenditure targets and monitor progress against these, maximising return on investment and reforecasting as required.
- Provide reporting, evaluation and analysis of major donor and corporate fundraising activity.
- Contribute to organisational and fundraising-wide planning.
Person specification to include:
- Experience of managing successful major donor or corporate relationships
- Experience of soliciting substantial individual or corporate gifts
- Experience of winning new corporate business or acquiring major donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to present the case for support to a range of audiences.
- Able to analyse data and to generate clear reports and recommendations
- Experience of setting and managing budgets
- Confident and able to interact effectively and empathetically with people at all levels, including those with a visual impairment
- Solution focussed
Deadline for applications: 18th October 2017
PSR interviews: 25th October 2017
Client interviews: 7th November 2017