Job Title: Community Fundraiser
Sector: Sue Ryder, St John’s Hospice
Salary Range: Up to £26K
Closing date: 6th Sept 2017
Sue Ryder is looking to recruit a Community Fundraiser to join their St John’s Hospice team. The successful candiate will contribute to the development of St John’s fundraising strategy in order to deliver income, this would include supporting existing and forming new volunteer groups, through partnerships with groups and associations and individuals and in memoriam giving. St John’s is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in the village of Moggerhanger in Bedfordshire. This is a really exciting time to join St John’s and to be part of a dynamic, ambitous fundraising team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities to include:
- To raise an annually agreed income target and work with the Head of Fundraising to maximise voluntary income opportunities through community fundraising activities.
- Develop and deliver plans for local fundraising across activities including: third party and Charity led events, volunteer groups, groups and associations and individuals.
- Identify, support and develop local fundraising initiatives.
- To actively recruit new volunteers and develop their involvement by providing excellent stewardship, management, support and motivation.
- Proven experience of generating income through community activities
- Proven experience of working to KPIs from within the not for profit sector or within a sales environment.
- A track record of achieving fundraising or sales growth.
- Proven ability to develop networks and recruit volunteers.Experience of forming, nurturing and maintaining relationships with individuals and groups to deliver growth in income.
- Can do, positive, proactive approach to fundraising.
For further information please apply via this website
- Deadline for applications: 6th September
- PSR interviews: TBC
- client interviews: TBC