Job Title: Partnership Fundraising Lead
Charity: Rape Crisis England & Wales
Contract: Full time (37.5)
Closing Date: 30th June
Rape Crisis England & Wales (RCEW) is a feminist organisation that supports the work of Rape Crisis Centres across England and Wales. We also raise awareness and understanding of sexual violence and abuse in all its forms.
We are the national umbrella body for our network of autonomous member Rape Crisis Centres across England and Wales.
We exist to improve services and promote the needs and rights of women and girls who have experienced sexual abuse, rape and all forms fo sexual violence, We also work towards the elimination of sexual violence and abuse, raising awareness in the wider community and with government
Last year, Centres provided over 650,000 sessions of counselling, advocacy and support
Rape Crisis Centres are women-led and offer a range of services in women-only safe space Over half our members also provide separate space and services for male sexual violence survivors.
- To champion and role model kindness, empathy and trust with all internal and external relationships.
- To develop a culture of support within the organisation. To lift others up and to to give voice, agency and equity to all.
- To understand and champion that good ideas can come from anywhere and to build structures, relationships and networks that showcase this.
- To contribute to the development and take ownership of the implementation of a fundraising strategy focusing on trusts and foundations, corporate partners and supporting our individual donors.
- To write compelling applications to trusts, foundations and other grant-making organisations, tailored to the funder, ensuring applications meet their criteria and deadlines.
- Develop a pipeline of corporate prospects.
- Manage and support volunteer fundraisers helping these individuals to reach their fundraising potential.
- Manage relationships with key individual supporters.
- To agree, monitor and meet targets.
- Work with programme staff to create compelling and persuasive cases of support being mindful of the sensitive use of our beneficiaries’ experiences.
- Lead on the process of reporting back to funders; working with internal programme staff to collate and produce high quality information for reports.
- Attend internal and external meetings, events and presentations as required.
- Ensure donors are promptly thanked and their gift is accurately recorded.
- To be aware of and operate within charity law, GDPR legislation and our policies and guidelines.
Person SpecificationEssential knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience of successful trusts and foundations fundraising
- Proven experience of developing corporate fundraising partnerships
- An understanding of multiple types of fundraising including individual giving, events and major donors
- Experience of carrying out prospect research
- Experience of successfully pitching to organisations
- Experience of working with and presenting financial information
- Computer literate with the capability of using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working remotely
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance
- Ability to build strong relationships within the team and with funders
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated with good time management skills
- Inspiring and engaging communications skills
- Confident and competent at approaching new business prospects on the telephone, face-to-face and in writing
- Confident networker
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to recognise what motivates a supporter to ensure they have a meaningful relationship with RCEW
Please contact PSR for more information or the full application pack via the form on this page: Ref 000140
Closing date: 30th June