Job Title: Challenge Events Fundraiser
Salary Range: £25,000 depending on experience
Reporting to: Community Fundraiser
My client, Cardiomyopathy UK is a charity that provides information, advice and support to anyone affected by cardiomyopathy. The charity has ambitious plans for the future which will see it doing even more to make a lasting difference to the lives of people affected by cardiomyopathy. To achieve these plans the charity must be able to raise the income that it needs and to develop a strong and vibrant community of supporters. The Challenge Events Fundraiser manages the running and challenge events providing a positive, supportive relationship with participants. The successful candidate will promote a strategy that recognises participation in fundraising events as the beginning or part of a long-term relationship with the charity.
Key areas of responsbility to include:
- To plan, implement and manage an effective running and challenge events programme to achieve maximum income and meet agreed targets.
- To ensure there is a strong focus on supporter care; providing due appreciation and a positive experience to running and challenge event participants to promote long-term supporter retention.
- To manage the charity’s London Marathon and Great North Run teams.
- To provide effective stewardship of supporters both before and after their activities.
- To co-ordinate staffing of running and challenge events and supervision of volunteers.
- To work closely with third party event providers, to identify new opportunities to improve the running and challenge event portfolio.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of running and challenge events, and develop long term plans and strategy for improvement.
- To provide support for the charity’s corporate partners taking on fundraising events
- To maintain the running and challenge event section of the charity website, ensuring information is relevant and up to date
Person specificaiton to include:
- Experience in a running and challenge events fundraising role of similar events role is desirable.
- Proven track record in achieving financial targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presenation skills
- Customer/supporter focus
- Flexible in approach and a good team worker.
Deadline for appliucations: 4th June 2017
PSR interivews: 5th and 6th June 2017
Charity intiervews 15th June 2017 (tbc)