Job Title: Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator
Salary Range: £25,000 pro rata
Contract: 12 month contract, 22.5 hours a week
Reporting to: Chief Executive
About the organisation:
The SMA Trust was created to strategically accelerate the search for treatments and eventually a cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), the number-one inherited cause of infant death. The SMA Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to funding research into a cure and treatments for SMA and currently funds over 75% of UK charity funded research. The SMA Trust is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator to join their team
About the role:
Championing the use of both digital and conventional communications you will work to raise awareness of Spinal Muscular Atrophy and The SMA Trust as well as promoting fundraising events and activities. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will work with colleagues to develop innovative and engaging content, as well as a clear brand identity for the Trust.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Working with the Chief Executive to implement a co-ordinated marketing/comms strategy, based on raising awareness of SMA and using key messages to create a clear positioning for The SMA Trust within the UK SMA community.
- Maintain, update and develop the website and other digital channels, ensuring that they are up to date and user-friendly with language/content that is appropriate for different platforms and audiences.
- Help increase traffic to the website, by applying SEO best practice, reciprocal links, and other online techniques aimed at reaching target audiences
- Collate and coordinate the design, content, production and distribution of newsletters and regular
- Promote fundraising events, activities and campaigns through all channels (including use of our e-Tapestry supporter database) with a view to maximising participation and return.
- Monitor and report on coverage achieved across all platforms.
- Be the Trust’s main media contact, co-ordinating spokespeople/responses as appropriate.
Peson specification to include:
- Experience in website management, together with other digital platforms, including social media
- Experience of updating web content.
- Experience of developing and communicating the case for support to a range of audiences.
- Experience of coordinating/prioritising different messages in order to maximise individual and combined effects.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to persuade, network and engage people effectively at all levels.
- A collaborative team player who is innovative and open to new opportunities and ideas.
- Proactive with a can do attitude.
For further information please send a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 24th Feb
PSR interviews: week of 27th Feb
Client interviews: TBC